Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Through it all....

Although I have been a christian for about 5 yrs. (of and on for about 15) but really trying to live by God's rules and actually reading the bible, when you go to church every week and your involved, I helped Alex with the youth, sang on the praise team, cleaned the church and really stepped up where I was needed and asked, you notice the church is growing rapidly,which is awesome, people coming to Christ, their lives changed. Sometimes you get so caught up in that, that you forget to stand back and take a look around. I mean really look hard at who is in what spot, who is leading whom. You even miss the signs that were right in front of your face about what was about to take place. Yes, there were signs for me and I never saw them or I thought that would never happen, were in church for heaven sakes. The secret meetings which I think is very unacceptable in any situation. I lost best friends during this time and those friendships will never be restored like they used to be, but you learn to move on, make new friends and however,I still move with caution.I still remember the song the praise team sang right before the merger.'Highway to the Danger Zone' and that's exactly what it was. Through all of this we never gave up the vision that God had given Ray and he so kindly passed to us. Although I have been afraid as well to develop close relationships with others I know in God's time that will pass for me too. I'm not sure about anyone else but I am ready to Rock and Roll, I want to feed the hungry, clothe the cold and defintley first and foremost bring people to Christ! CP is a place where if you have holes in your jeans, that's ok because so do I. T-shirts? That's ok because that's all I wear. Go to bars? That's ok because so do I. Just joking I wanted to see who was still paying attention!!!! I crack myself up......Let's Rock!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like CP is on a roll! I can't imagine what you all went through with the split. But we all know what it feels like to be hurt and it stinks! I am happy to see a side of CP that I haven't seen. I can't imagine what more there is, I mean everyone is awesome already! ; )

    Does this mean that Lisa is going back to singing in the band?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having trouble sending comments to yours so I had to post annoymous. BTW its Diana ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me going back to sing in the band? That's totally up to Chris but I would do it in a second!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danny and I have been talking outreach for a while now...we are really excited too

    ReplyDelete
  5. "clothe the warm"?????? That's my sis!!!! Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I fixed it! That was funny though.

    ReplyDelete