Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Have you been thinking??
I used to LOVE thinking. When I was younger I would make it a challenge to myself to out think someone else. Some people would call that 'mind games'. It was alot of fun. I still had pitfalls of sorts, because I was dinging or at least that's what I was told. alot. I feel over the years I have lost alot of my creativity. Things I used to know I have forgotten until someone else says it. Then I'm like, oh yeah, I remember. I used to love to write. I would write stories and poems. It was challenging to me to write something others were interested in reading. When I was a senior I wrote a poem about the Unborn Child, it actually got me second place in a contest. I wish I still had it today. I didn't even mind speaking in front of people. Again, it was a challenge for me. So, how do you get that drive back? How do you lose something like that? Maybe being a mother, I just focused on my kids and lost a part of myself with that? Maybe I haven't lost it and it just needs nurtured again? During my classes at college I was taking English comp 2 and I had to write a paper. I had an idea what it was going to be about but never put it on paper. I think I looked up a few resources but not much. It was Friday and my paper was due on Monday. I think it was a 6 page report. Dave and I decided we were going camping that weekend. On Saturday I decided I better go in the camper and write something. So, an hour and half later I came out with my paper finished. That Monday I had to meet with my professor one on one and he read every last word of my report. The whole time I just held my breath because I knew that was the worst paper I have ever written. After he finished he laid the paper down and looked at me and I said,"I'm sorry It wasn't my best". He said," This is very well written and the time you put into this paper is amazing." He wrote on the paper A! He said good job Lisa! Can you believe that? If I have learned anything I think I liked being challenged. Dave said I should start a "Dear Lisa column" Wouldn't that be a hoot! How does this relate to anything? Not sure. But I have been racking my brain for an outreach. I'm still open for suggestions! I have heard a public movie night, which sounds great. Maybe we can get the up and going. Just my thoughts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am not real good at the ideas so I did what I do best. I googled it. Here are some ideas I found that look fun!
ReplyDeleteChurch yard sale- this can be done in the cofee area. I know I have tons of things I can donate. The money can be used for the food pantry or fixing up the youth van or something like that
Skating party- INVITE outside of the church! It would help them to get to know some of the Pointers and be more comfortable to come to Church
Cooking class- I like this one! I would love to learn how to cook lol
I was pretty amazed that there was so many things listed that Center Pointe has done or does do!
Sometimes I feel the same way (like I've lost my creativity). Not too many years ago I was scribbling out short stories and poems like they were going out of style. Now I might write one or two a year at the most. I never liked speaking in front of people, but singing was not too much of a problem. I am trying to get to where that isn't a problem anymore too.
ReplyDeleteA Dear Lisa column would rock!
"The Thinker" .... dang, I htought I knew you!
ReplyDelete