Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What a wild ride......

Well, It started last Thursday. I actually took last Thursday and Friday off of work. One day I had an appointment I had to go to and Friday was a mental health day. Little did I know, It was going to turn out to be a very long weekend. Thursday I noticed my tooth was bothering me,so I called the dentist and said I needed to get in. My appointment was Monday @ 8. As each hour went by I noticed it getting a little worse, but tolerable. Come Saturday night I was rocking back and forth and taking pain pills I had left over from a surgery in 07. Come Sunday I was stomping the floor, crying, pacing floors,crying some more. So I called the dentist, he called me in some pills and they didn't touch my pain. The second pain pill helped (4hours later) but I still cried. I went to the dentist Monday thinking he was going to pull it but he couldn't do it, but he numbed it for me to give me a few hours relief because by Monday I was literally sick to my stomach from the pain. (I have a pretty high tolerance for pain too) Finally after a few phone calls I got in Tuesday morning to an oral surgeon he removed my tooth! Woohoo! I was happy and nervous all at the same time. I told the surgeon I felt blessed that I'm pushing 40 (there I said it) and this is the first toothache I ever had. I don't ever want it again. How much you want to bet I am calling next week to schedule my 6mth appt? Anyway, I do hope everyone had a MUCH better weekend than I and I hated missing church Sunday and the LT meeting. Sorry guys!and I want to say my hubby and kids were right there taking care of me the whole time. Josh done laundry and the dishwasher, Jackie did to along with wanting to take on 3rd shift duty with me when I was up and crying and Dave made a lot of trips to the store for me,did I say by yesterday I basically went through 2 tubes of oralgel and 2 bottles of the liquid along with pain meds? Plus he stood right there wanting to know what he could do for me. My family was wonderful and I couldn't have gotten through it without them! THANK YOU!!!! Well,take care and have a good week!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad they finally got the tooth out! It sounded horrible!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would rather go through labor again then have a tooth ache. NOTHING hurts worse! Glad that you were able to get it taken care of! Kudos to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually took more pain meds with the toothache than I did when I had my kids.and I had 2 c-sections! OUCH!!!!

    ReplyDelete